Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Classes and community service (wait...I'm here to actually do work?)


The following week was when I finally started to get into a more regular schedule. I started my 3 classes (our required class about indigenous tribes and culture in Ecuador, a Spanish grammar and speaking class, and my Impresos class about Photoshop and Illustrator...and where I am the only gringa) and finally met with my community service organization.

We are supposed to do 10 hours of community service per week and I am going to be working with Acción Ecológica. I toured the office, which is really cute and environmental-y, and met everyone that works there. I met the lady that I’m going to be working for, Elizabeth Bravo, who is a biologist. Until late October I’m going to research and write a report (in English) about “the green economy” that will be published with my name on it. After that, I’m going to do research (in Spanish) about genetically engineered bananas. Elizabeth speaks really fast, so there’s a good chance that I’m actually doing something completely different...

No comments:

Post a Comment